“December’s wintery breath is already clouding the pond, frosting
the pane, obscuring summer’s memory…’’
– John Geddes
Winter and aging are related in many ways particularly, considering the extra care needed. About the skin, it is more prone to winter as well as aging. Ageing is a normal physiological fact which happens to all living beings. A balanced diet and reduced stress level play a crucial part in maintaining a beautiful skin. Having fresh vegetables, fruits in our diet and doing yoga, meditation as a part of our life transforms a person physically and mentally young and confident. Today, we are back with some effective steps to protect our skin from aging as well as during winter.
- Dry scaly skin – during winter and when we cross the age of 40s, most of the people will be suffering with the problem of dry scaly skin with itching. Applying coconut oil daily in the body cures dry skin and itching to a far extent. Coconut oil as well as coconut water is the best moisturizer.
- Scales in face & dullness – Dull and suntan is always a bad mark for persons with cosmetic sense. Take 1 tablespoon of besan along with 1 pinch of Haldi powder, and mix it well with curd and apply evenly on the face. This can be done twice a week for a bright and glowing skin.
- Best toner for winter glow – To 1 tablespoon of honey, add some lemon juice in it and mix well and apply evenly on the face for 20 minutes. After that it can be washed off.
- Melasma (Facial Hyperpigmentation) – During menopause, it’s very common to have black patches on the face particularly around the sun-exposed part. Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is made into a fine powder and can be applied to the face along with milk as a paste. Do it daily for clear bright skin.
- Cracked lips – winters are always painful with cracked lips. Cleansing and moisturizing is necessary during winters. Plain ghee or cow’s ghee is a very good moisturizer. Even coconut milk can also be applied to the lips. Ghee along with finely powdered beetroot, mixed well and if applied gives a pinkish luster to lips.